‘Cutting the cable’ between CD8+ T and T regulatory cells enhances checkpoint immunotherapy

Checkpoint immunotherapy utilizing PD-1 blockade has become the standard of care for metastatic melanoma. While this treatment is effective in 40% of patients, the other 60% develop resistance, leading to tumor regrowth. A multidisciplinary research team led by the University of California, Irvine has identified a new strategy that could enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of this therapy by targeting the communication between immune cells within the tumor.

​Medical Xpress – latest medical and health news stories

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *